Reading Alaska Style

Mr. Hembree and I just returned from a seven day Alaska ferry cruise from Bellingham, WA to Skagway, AK and back. The M/V Columbia had no internet or cell phone service as we were in very remote areas along the Inside Passage of islands between Washington and southeast Alaska.
We had plenty of time on board and off to read!

20140822-210637.jpg

20140822-210743.jpg

20140822-210858.jpg

20140822-210931.jpg

20140822-211336.jpg

20140822-211401.jpg

2 thoughts on “Reading Alaska Style

1. Hi Mrs Hembree

What a wonderful travelling adventure!

It looks pretty chilly, what was the temperature? I love the photo of you reading on the whale! What was your favourite part of your trip? Canada and Alaska are both on my travelling list with hopefully a visit to Seattle, WA on the way…

I’m not quite sure I would want to be reading ‘A Perfect Storm’ when travelling on a ferry!

Happy reading!

Miss Y 🙂

• Dear Miss Y,
      There is something quite magical about Alaska. Amazingly it was not too chilly, at least for us it wasn’t. People who live in the south thought it was cold, but it was mostly in the upper 60’s or low 70’s F. T-shirt and a light jacket most of the time.
      I had two favorite parts of the trip. The first was sitting on the stern of the boat and gazing at the scenery. I couldn’t believe how beautiful and gigantic the mountains and glaciers are when you see them in person.
      The second favorite part was meeting Nathan Jackson, the premier totem pole carver in Alaska. We spent about 20 minutes talking to him and the experience was quite special.
      I hope that you will consider a trip to Canada, Alaska and Seattle! It might not be the warmest place in the world, but it is certainly beautiful!
      From,
      Mrs. Hembree