Off to the East Coast

library

Happy Summer! I hope you are reading lots and lots! My daughter Tara and I visited the library the other day and borrowed an audiobook for our trip back East. We will be doing quite a bit of driving around the area, so having a book to listen to makes the driving so much easier! Plus, library audio books are free!

go dog go

I’m also traveling light this year. Usually I take a stuffed animal, like Go, Dog, Go, who visited the Utah/Arizona area last year, or Pigeon who traveled with me to Massachusetts a few years ago. This year with a smaller suitcase, I had to make some serious traveling companion decisions. Who goes and who stays? I decide to bring a bookmark this year.

giraffe

This giraffe bookmark was given to me by Josa, who has been very involved with our Books to Africa program. Every time I look at it, I think about the amazing connections our students have with our partners in Ghana, Lesotho, and South Africa. These children and teachers have made such an impact on me, that I thought they needed to join me on my trip. So, giraffe bookmark, will be traveling with us here and there, as a way to bring our Books to Africa friends along on our trip!

Where are you photos? Don’t forget to send me photos of you reading this summer! Spread the word! Send them to:

summer read email pic

Have a great and safe 4th of July!

Happy Reading! Mrs. Hembree