It’s time for our 3rd annual
Super Summer Silly Reading Program!
It’s just as important to read in the summer time as it is during the school year. To make it a little more fun, we add a dose of silliness! We get caught reading in super fun or super silly places!
It’s super easy to participate! Here are the directions:
1. Choose a book! Any book – paper, audio, or electronic (iPad, Nook, Kindle)
2. Snap a photograph of yourself reading this summer! It can be silly or serious. It can be a picture of you here or there or anywhere! Do not hurt yourself or your book! No underwater reading!
3. Ask your parents to email the photograph to Mrs. Hembree between now and September 1, 2013. Send to my blog email address:
***Important Parent Note: By emailing the photograph, you grant Mrs. Hembree permission to post it on the Bulldog Reader Blog http://bellbulldogreaderblog.edublogs.org
4. Prizes will be given to everyone who participates. In the fall, I will make a poster of all of our photos and hang it in the new library!
5. Have fun! The best part about reading in the summer is making your own choices on what to read! Twenty minutes a day all summer long will keep your reading skills sharp and ready for the fall.
Need an idea for what to read? Keep checking the blog. I plan on posting ideas and review all summer long. Plus don’t forget about the awesome Dig into Reading program at any of the KCLS libraries this summer.
Count your minutes with me and get to 1,000 minutes by August 31st!
*This idea originally came from Mr. Schu at BrookForest Elementary in Naperville, Illinois and Mrs. Miller in Van Meter, Iowa. It is used with their permission.
What book will you read first this summer?
Leave a comment and let us know!