15 thoughts on “Super Summer Reading

• Dear Mrs. Monaghan,
      Copy away! I got permission last year from Mr. Schu in Naperville, IL and Mrs. Miller in Van Meter, Iowa. It’s a fun way to celebrate reading during the summer!
      Happy Reading!
      Mrs. Hembree

1. Dear Mrs Hembree,
    I just love the photographs they are awesome I really felt relaxed when I saw the photo at the resort. I thought the person in the car might be going on a road trip. Also the person at the restaurant. I really laughed when I saw the sign that said “Please wait to be seated”.

It is going to be hard to choose.

From your pal,

BB.

😀 🙂

• Dear BB,
      Yes, two of the photos are from vacationing readers in Hawaii! It’s our only island state in the US. I think they are having a wonderful time there! Josa’s book Sidekicks seems like the perfect book to read with his “sidekick” friend!
      It will be hard to choose, but fun too!
      From,
      Mrs. Hembree

2. Dear Mrs Hembree,

Wow we are of to a wonderful start to this awesome summer reading contest. I just loved the above photos. I didn’t know you had posted this post until today as BB informed to check it out.

I have had a winter’s cold and have not been up to much except trying to keep warm and trying to get over this cold. 🙁

Hope your having a lovely holiday Mrs Hembree. Am so glad that you have finally got to meet Mrs Yollis and Mrs Morris.

Happy Holidays and reading.
    From AA. 🙂

• Dear AA,
      I think we have three fine photos to start off our contest! I just know more are going to be coming in soon!

I’m sorry to hear about your winter cold. It has finally turned warm here and the sun has been out everyday for a week! Woo-hoo!

I am going to write about meeting Mrs. Morris and Mrs. Yollis and my trip to San Diego soon.

Get well soon!
      Mrs. Hembree

3. Dear Mrs.Hembree,
    I don’t know if I will send you a photo? I am really excited to be in Vietnam on the 18 which it will be next week. Hope I get get back from Vietnam and see how many photos of kids reading. I remember when there was a photo of a girl zip lining will reading. That would be scary.
    From Alex.

• Alex,
      What a fabulous trip you will be going on! a trip to Vietnam? Will you be in the city or out in the countryside! I would be so thrilled if you could get someone to take a photo of you reading there! Take a skinny book and read it over and over! Babymouse doesn’t weigh much!
      Yes, that ziplining photo was awesome last year! You have a great time and think about bringing me back a photo for our blog!
      From,
      Mrs. Hembree

4. Dear Mrs. Hembree,
    It was great fun to come home and see the pictures of our munchkins and their friend as well! Sheadyn has the huge grin because he was reading the comic page while we were heading to a beach. Irislyn was feeling smug that the New York Times was extolling the virtues of island travel **while we were there**! It was a great trip and we saw many fun places; a small town call Havi was one of the best!

We look forward to seeing other fun reading photos as the summer progresses.

Enjoy YOUR summer!
    Sherri

• Dear Sherri,
      Sometimes there is nothing like reading the comics! Nothing can beat it for fun reading! Did Irislyn like the NYT review of island travel? Did they miss some good information? It sounds like you have a terrific time.
      Keep those kids reading!
      Mrs. Hembree

5. Dear Mrs.Hembree,
    Yes I will be going to Vietnam. I got to talk to Tracy on yahoo messenger and she said there will be delays for there plane. She said she was supposed to be on the plane at 2 but she went at 3. We are hoping we don’t get delays and other things.
    From Alex.

• Dear Mrs. Krebs,

What a fabulous photo of you reading! Thank you so much for sharing it! I love the artistry of your photo! It speaks volumes about what you value as a teacher!

I hope you get great ideas from your book. What is the title of this book?

Happy Reading!
      Mrs. Hembree