Zoo Animal Mysteries

Do you like mystery stories?

Do you love animals?

If you do, then the Zoo Animal Mystery stories are just for you!

Each of the title in the Zoo Animal Mysteries series focuses on one animal. Through a series of clues, you have to guess what animal is featured in the book. The trick is to solve the mystery before the animal is revealed at the end. You can read more about the zoo animal mystery series on the Capstone Press website.

Our 2nd and 3rd grade classes used those fun books as the structure for their own Zoo Animal Mystery stories.

First we researched facts and took notes. Then we wrote out our sentences for the story. We typed the stories on powerpoint and added Creative Commons photos to illustrate the pages. The projects from Mrs. Kassel-Day, Ms. Valenta and Mrs. Staples class are featured in this post.

************

What animal was your favorite to learn about?

If you could make a zoo animal mystery, what would you choose?

2 thoughts on “Zoo Animal Mysteries

1. Dear Mrs Hembree,

I loved this zoo animal mystery post. It really got me thinking of so many animals. Very clever!

Mind you I did do well at guessing the great animals.
    Maybe I will take up been a zoo keeper one day. 🙂

Now if I could make up an animal mystery it would be the Australian platyus (ornithorhynchus anatinus). They are only found along eastern Australian coast line. They live in freshwater and rivers and a very rare. The platypus spends a great deal of its time underwater feeding. It feeds with its eyes closed. They mainly eat earthworms, shellfish and water insects.

Interesting thing about the platypus is that it is an egg laying mammal.

Great Post Mrs Hembree,

From your pal down under,
    AA

2. Dear Mrs.Hembree,
    I like mystery books and animals. If I pick an animal it would be a cheetah because of the black spots.
    From Alex.