Book Review: Leepike Ridge by ND Wilson

leepike ridgeLike a mix of adventure, mystery, survival and history? Try Leepike Ridge by ND.Wilson, author of 100 Cupboards and 100 Dandelions. Tom, an 11-year old who lives on Leepike Ridge with his mother, mysteriously vanishes into an underwater cave after floating down the river on a piece of foam. This is not your usual adventure story and its originality is refreshing. Wilson does an admirable job of describing the subterranean cave, but I couldn’t help but wish occasional black and white drawings had been included to make the descriptions more visible. A good choice for both boys and girls. A Battle of the Books 2011 selection. (Reviewed by Mrs. Hembree)

2 thoughts on “Book Review: Leepike Ridge by ND Wilson

1. I was happy to stumble on your new book blog. Inspired by Donalyn Miller’s Book A Day challenge, I decided to try to do the same: read a book a day and blog every few days about what I’ve read. I’m not quite there, but getting up to speed! Thus it was great to find your blog with ideas for new kids books. I’ll try to check some out.
    Suzanne Z.

2. I LOVED this book SO much! Last year for Battle Of the books I read Leepike ridge and it was great! I recommend this book to people who like and enjoy adventure, survival and courage.