My New Blog!

Mrs. Hembree and Reese

Mrs. Hembree and Reese

Welcome to the Bulldog Readers Library Blog! Here you can find info about new books, reviews, classroom lessons, events, visiting authors- in other words – important and fun information about our library. I hope this blog will be a Web 2.0 communication tool students, parents and staff can use to get the latest information about our library and see projects students have completed.

The content and opinions expressed in this blog reflect the view of the author, and not my employer. All student book reviews or comments must be approved prior to publishing and reflect the view of the author. You may contact me using the comment form at the end of this post with any questions you may have.

I am the library media specialist/teacher-librarian at  a K-6th grade school in the greater Seattle, Washington area. In September I will begin my 5th year as a librarian, and my 22nd year as an educator.

Outside of my family, including my dogs, my greatest passion is connecting kids with books. Kids who think they don’t like to read just haven’t found the right material for them.  I say material because sometimes kids think they are only readers if they read books. Not so. There is nothing in the definition of reading that says you have to only read books to be a reader. Comics, newspapers, magazines, scripts, as well as books all count as reading. Of course, I always hope that kids will find a book that speaks to them and enter the life-long joy of reading that is so important in my life.

My dog, Reese and I like to help younger readers learn to read. Reese is a Bernese Mountain Dog and a proud member of the Reading with Rover D.R.E.A.M. team! *Dogs for Reading, Education, Assistance and More! You can meet Reese and me at various Rover events in the Redmond area. Check out the Rover page at readingwithrover.org to Sniff out our Events!

Happy Reading!

Mrs. Julie Hembree

Bulldog Podcast Episode 1